Monday, October 18, 2004

Stop wasting our time

It travels so fast
in the deep blue sky
going upward
cutting through
humanity's insanity
leaving religion behind
slowly spinning it lingers
tell us this and that
information
importantly mundane
we look in awe
back to our selves
when we should be
looking out
in the dark
unknown vastness of our
reality where
time is limited
we have to know now
it's almost over
who cares anyhow
the universe so vast
a mystery of time
life runs against us
our special insignificance
penetrates us
so sublime
environmentalism
political activism
humanity all the same
it doesn't really matter
in the whole scheme of things
what matters is where we are
in the giant game of life
where we need to be
how we get there
a whole other strife
it sucks to see light
but not enough
to know or hear
simple and clear
we cant go
so it seems
only in our imagination
now could it be
I would be gone
all the same
yeah my names Jane
I would leave those behind
it would not stop me
selfish you could call my plan
but reality lingers
pain is my game
awareness the catalyst
our life my plight
for those who can't see
keep looking for your light
right now
we are clueless
bright minds at waste
we need to wake up
to get out of this place
so basic so real
so sci-fi and unclear
almost to scary to think
even worse if you don't
and you hesitate
as the system
we thrive in
grows older
entropy takes over
our sun system
approaching decay
a red giant you say
please don't stay
where meteors fly by
tell me again
how did those dinosaurs die?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home