Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Workshop "lunchtime"

The smaller groups for the poetry workshops are great. I have really enjoyed reading each others poems and I have enjoyed the critical analysis that is given each poem. There are a lot of questions that I have about writing poetry, and I think that we are able to address these questions easier with our small groups. I think that the critical evaluations can help us become better writers and that it allows us to see and understand different styles of writing.

I was kindof disappointed that Brian did't really understand the poem that I had written. I understand that he has a lot of poems to evaluate and that mine lies somewhere with the rest of the others. I just thought it was obvious that I was on my period in the beginning of my menstral cycle and that sex was what I needed to be massaged into a blissfull new beginning. There was nothing about being motherly or having new kids. The new beginning was all about having my period and starting a new menstral cycle.

I also think that the title was only understood by Devin. It felt good that at least one other person understood my poem. Funny I don't even know if it really grossed him out all that much. Maybe he is more down to earth than I know, he certainly seems to be a critical open minded thinker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home