Thursday, October 12, 2006

sometimes i feel so emotionless
so withdrawn from the world
from even my life
or the things that I have been told
are suppose to be important in my life
none the less
i shout down my feelings
and I try not to care
like when you decide
to not give to the beggar on the street
when you pass that person
you decide not to care
not to let your emotions
or your empathy overwhelm you to give
like you know its all a fleeting moment
a blink of an eye
it can all be over in now or tomorrow or never
we just have to be
even if they aren't talking to you
because your a stoner
or society told them to think that way
or because its been programmed
how do we buck the system
create our own space
to grow and learn and love
how do I hold on to my emotions
yet exist in this world of blindness
delivered by ignorance and carelessness
how do I change myself into a living
conscious person whom
accelerates the world we live in
and creates change thats locally global
I write to listen to hear
to express and understand
that which I find in others
I want to find in myself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home